Boots are higher than footwear for all types of reasons. They are more sturdy. They last more. They shield your ft from potential risks higher than footwear do. The listing goes on and on. Nevertheless, actual life anecdotes help drive residence the thought higher than simply making an inventory. Here’s a record of experiences that reveal the purpose.
1) Whenever you drop an eighty-pound speaker cabinet on your foot, the metal toed work boots you’re sporting shield your ft from being crushed. Meanwhile your pal who was solely sporting a pair of Converse All Stars now has a smashed foot with pretty purple toenails.
2) While cruising in your motor scooter your only brake cable snaps and you’re pressured to press your thick Vibram lug sole work boots to the pavement so as to cease. In an analogous incident your girlfriend wears footwear while driving her moped. Unable to get her machine to cease as a result of her footwear have been insufficient to the task at hand, she now sports a pleasant scar on her hip marking the spot where she turned one with the asphalt.
three) Being a brief feminine, less than five ft, in a bar sucks. Sporting a nice pair of girls’s western boots may give you a strong two-inch carry and the steadiness that isn’t provided by a pair of stiletto heels. Plus when the drunken guy next to you tries to stability his beer on your head you will have the choice to kick him within the package deal without worry of the toe breakage that an open toed shoe can be weak to.
4) Your good friend falls off his skateboard and sends it careening your method. It hits you in the ankle. You end up with solely a small bruise as a result of you’ve got a pleasant pair of Lacrosse work boots on that cowl your ankle with thick leather. Thank goodness you did not put on tennis footwear because you’d in all probability have a fractured ankle.
5) Out on a summer time picnic together with your girlfriend you spy what seems to be like a rounded up pile of dog feces. Earlier than you’ll be able to react the dark brown-coiled object lunges at your ft and bangs its head towards your boot. I further examination you find two tiny semi punctures with trailing scrap marks in the leather. Rattlesnakes can break picnics when you do not watch the place you’re strolling and wear leather boots.
6) It rains roughly three inches in lower than an hour in your neighborhood. The town drains start to back up from the deluge and turn out to be choked with particles. The streets at the moment are flooded with two ft of standing water. Fortunately you have got a pair of Muck boots which you deploy thereby maintaining your ft dry and protected towards the floating trash inside the water. You unclog the closest drain, which stops the water from virtually getting into your house. Your neighbor wears a pair of Nike footwear and will get a nasty gash on prime of his foot from a submerged spiked palm frond. You trudge onward protected by thick rubber boots.
7) You try to recapture your youth and buy a pair of Converse All Star tennis footwear. These footwear proceed to do every thing of their power to murder your ft. Ache permeates your body with each step you’re taking. You swear you don’t keep in mind them hurting like this whenever you have been in high school. You buy a pair of plain wanting Tony Lama cowboy boots. You slip them on they usually grow to be probably the most snug footwear you’ve got ever owned. You do not take them off for two years. Your girlfriend is worried. You get a brand new girlfriend and give the All Stars to the Salvation Military. Boots rule!
Regardless of in case your experience is out of the abnormal or not, boots just do a better job of holding your ft in good health. Don’t fiddle with footwear and stay standing and strolling by sporting good boots.